Thursday 6 December 2012

Thank goodness!

After a whole month during which neither me, Andy nor any of our poor neglected horses got out hunting - due first to the EHV scare and then to dire weather - it was a huge boost to get out yesterday on Felix.
I think he had almost given up hope of seeing his beloved hounds in action again - but he had a look of dawning optimism on his face in the morning as I turned out every other horse but him. I had to be discreet because if Charlie had realised he would never have forgiven me but F entered into the spirit of it and did a cartoon tiptoe-up-the-lorry-ramp-as-quickly-and-quietly-as-possible so we could make our getaway.
Not only was it a beautiful day - with real sunshine (no, none of the pics have been Photoshopped!)- but the Stig's wonderful girls were on fine form.
I've really missed them and it was fab to see so many of our former puppy dogs working their little socks off - I clocked Eyelash, Nutmeg, Goldfinch and Lantern (not to mention Daniel and Delilah's mum, Gondola) and I think Rookie went past but she is so sleek and streamlined it was hard to tell...
Let's hope for many more days like this!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous photos, almost makes me miss the UK ;-)

M's mum said...

Stunning pics. Sounds like a lovely lovely day!

Krista said...

Glad you Finally got out, and what a day to do it! Looks stunning and I'm very jealous!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Excellent, and no sign of snow yet. Keeping finger crossed.

Dom said...

Such gorgeous countryside out there. Wow.