Sunday 25 November 2012

Brief respite...

Well after a pretty wild few days and nights, we've got a brief respite today before the next bout of pants weather hits us. Of course, I'm not complaining because being high means at least we are in no danger of flooding, unlike many (I've seen the Facebook pics!). It is totally sodden, however, and even the tracks are wet in places - thank goodness we can use the tracks, though, because the fields wouldn't stand up to the horses on them at the moment.
Sometimes I think the horses here are like a gang of ne'er-do-wells loitering on a street corner - they've even got hoodies on...Big Dave has settled in well and seems to enjoy hanging out with his new pals.
Buddy proves that even though Dave is tallest, he hasn't got the biggest ears...
Tom and Rocky spot the camera and pose appropriately...
...but Rocky wants a close up...
and Alfie wants one to himself...


2 comments:

jenj said...

I'm so jealous of your all-weather tracks... although I admit that I am not terribly jealous of your weather! I hope the next bout isn't too bad.

alfiebeansue said...

I'm not surprised in the slightest, Alfie does consider himself the centre of the universe !!
I feel so sorry for you down there Nic the weather has been appalling. And as you say the next lot has arrived, roll on Summer I say !!